Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Jenny & Seth


You may be wondering why I've chosen to show a picture of a dandelion seed here. Well, since I have completed the Hunger Games trilogy, that image of a lonely dandelion has remained in my thoughts. It also reminds me of Horton Hears a Who, when " a person is a person, no matter how small". Now, how those apply to the couple you are about to meet? I'll explain. 

In the Hunger Games(for those of you who haven't read it, you should check it out I couldn't put it down!), a dandelion represented hope to it's main character, when she thought all was lost and she got up the courage to fight for life. And in Horton Hears a Who, Horton believes that every creature deserves respect, love and care.   So, when I knew I was going to have a chance to photograph my friend Jenny and her husband Seth, I couldn't think of a better symbol for their love for each other. 

Jenny Coyle is a fellow photographer (http://www.jennycoylephotography.com/), we actually met in photography class. My first impression of her was that she was so laid back and comfortable in herself which was refreshing to see, since I find myself to be somewhat Type A at times.  She is warm and motherly without being insincere.  And her work is incredible. She has a real eye for a more documentary style of photography. She is absolutely able to tell a story with her images.  Her husband, Seth and I have only met briefly one other time before the shoot. But for that short time of getting to know him, he made me laugh so hard, I thought the drink I was having was going to come out of my nose! Just like Jenny, he is laid back and again, just comfortable.  So, I was very excited to work with them and coincidentally enough, their anniversary is just around the corner.

We met at Atkinson Common( http://www.atkinsoncommonnewburyport.org/in Newburyport. This happens to be where Jenny and Seth got married 2 years ago. So, we started things off in the gazebo.

They were so deep in conversation here, I think about food? The two of them are self-proclaimed foodies. 

Jenny and I have this "thing" for cutting off heads and only shooting the lower portion of the body. So, you will see a few of those in this blog!  

I love the way these two look at each other. 


And here are some feet pics for you...just because! Seth even started playing footsies.

This is a second marriage for Jenny and Seth. They both admittedly claim how nervous they were to get back out there and find the right person, but they took a chance and it paid off in full(see...dandelion!). Just when you think that things might not go the way you want them too, fate steps in to help you out. They now have a beautiful blended family and are so in love.

First the "serious" smiles and then Seth had to goof around to make us all laugh.  I also, just love Jenny's expression down below. I wonder what he was saying to her?

The symbols of commitment and love. Check out how gorgeous her ring is by the way!


Want to see more of this amazing couple? Want to know how else I can really stretch my whole dandelion metaphor? Then stay tuned for part 2 of Jenny and Seth. There will be some posing, some silliness and a whole lot of smooches!









No comments:

Post a Comment