Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Stuffed Chicken


Dear blog readers,
   Forgive me as I have sinned. It's been a month since my last blog post.

Oh, you know how it goes. Life just gets crazy. Between migraines, asthma attacks and overall busy schedule, the last thing I wanted to do was sit at a computer for an extended period of time. But I'm back! And I am going to share with you one super easy dinner. It's one that can be customized to your liking and is absolutely delicious. Veggie and cheese stuffed chicken. Yum, right?

Ingredients:

Boneless skinless chicken breast (I chose 3 fairly large ones to have lots of leftovers)
3/4 of a tub of spreadable cheese (Our favorite is Alouette  Spinach and Artichoke)
1 bunch of asparagus (tough ends trimmed off)
1 bell pepper cored, seeded and cut in strips(we had leftovers from a taco night!)
Couple of large handfuls of kale washed and patted dry
3 cloves of garlic minced
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)

First, I get all the veggies except the kale ready. The peppers and the asparagus are roasted in a skillet with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper on the stove. Cook the asparagus until tender, but still has a bite to it.



Now to prepare the chicken


On a cutting board, cut a pocket into the chicken. Make sure not to cut all the way through.


Add the chicken to a foil lined cookie sheet. I like to add olive oil to the foil so the chicken doesn't stick. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.


Now for the cheese. Mmmm...cheese. I spread about 2 tablespoons in the pocket of the chicken.


Now, fill the pocket with the veggies. Take any extra veg and surround the chicken with it.


Bake at 350 degrees about 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Now I just cook up my kale in a little olive oil, minced garlic and salt/pepper until wilted.


Once chicken is done, I just lay it on top of the cooked kale and ta da! You have a delicious meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment