Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Friday, June 27, 2014

A Little Bit of Sunshine



One of the best compliments I receive, comes in the form of a referral. When someone really loves your work and shares that with their friends and family, it honestly makes me giddy. This wonderful family is related to this other wonderful family you may recognize (http://kristinesoares.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-growing-family-part-one.html).

This is the story of the Liz, Tim and Miss M.

I'm really excited to share this with you, as it has been in the making for quite some time now. There are so many great moments, that I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking. That's the best way anyway. You'd probably like to see these rather than listening to me babble.

And with a face like this to look at? I don't blame you!


Miss M at around 4 months. 


I mean...seriously. I looked at this photo whenever I felt down. It made me smile instantly.


Amazing what just a couple of months can do, because the next time I saw her, she was mobile!



Look at those eyes!


And if you are wondering where this little lady gets her good looks from? Here you go...



Family sessions are my pride and joy. I love to see the bond between parent and child.


Plus, family sessions give me a chance to get more shots like this. Ugh..love it so much!


Now, from these photos you can't quite tell, but Miss M was a little hesitant to smile for me. I often have parents tell me, "Oh, he/she usually smiles all the time! I don't know what's going on?". I reassure them, that maybe they are just wondering what the strange lady with the big camera is doing in their way. I suggest that sometimes, they need to be in their own element, with their own things to perk right up.

So for Miss M's one year shoot (it flew by), I would go to their house.

See?





This brings back personal memories for me. When my son (he's almost 4 now!) started walking, he became a furniture mover. It was his preferred method of getting around. I guess Miss M likes that way too!


Fast forward a few months, when talking to my friend Karen (Liz's sister), she mentioned that Liz was expecting again. Yay! She wanted to surprise her with a maternity shoot. So, I drew up a little certificate and set up a date. I couldn't wait to see the bump (and of course the whole family)!


Just like I predicted, Liz makes a perfectly glowing expectant mother.


And look how big Miss M is! She was very content with finding rocks that morning.



This image, to me, captures a father's love for his daughter beautifully. I tried not to tear up while snapping it.


I feel like she has a secret in this picture.


Maybe it's her own little special language for her baby brother/sister. Side note: I love that the baby's gender will be a surprise!



I wanted to sneak in some time with just Tim and Liz. Even having just 5 minutes to themselves is important. Miss M was quite happy with playing with keys and a phone. And of course, being a mom myself, I was using peripheral vision to make sure she was okay.


Liz, Tim and Miss M, I am so excited and happy for you all. I cannot wait to meet the newest member of the family. There is no doubt in my mind, that your home will be filled with an even greater joy and love. That is one lucky baby to be joining you.

And I think Miss M is ready for this whole Big Sister thing!


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment