Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Model Shoot- Tiffany


A long long time ago (in the fall lol), I had the chance to work with a beautiful woman. On a very busy weekend that was packed with a wedding, a cake smash and family shoot, I decided I wanted to do a model shoot. Tiffany was referred to me by a friend and fellow photographer Brooke Whicher (http://www.brookewhicherphotography.com/) and she was up to the task. She's not only a model, but a Pro BMX rider. That's pretty bad ass in my book!

It was a rainy, slightly miserable kind of day. And of course I choose to shoot at a state park, where it would be mostly exposed and muddy. But I bought a pair of rain boots and a pretty blue umbrella, because I was determined to, as Tim Gunn says, make it work!


Tiffany's brother came along to assist. Which worked to my advantage (poor guy), he helped hold the umbrella over me when the rain came down harder at times. When it wasn't, the umbrella became a cute prop.


I love adding a little silliness to a shoot.


As much as I love those moments of quiet reflection.


The leaves added such a beautiful warmth to her face and also worked well for framing.


Speaking of framing!




You never know what kind of bond you will have with a client, if you will connect on certain topics or hobbies. Tiffany and I seemed to have a similar sense of humor. Which led to being a little goofy with posing and lots of laughter.



We had a quick little outfit change as we entered the pretty flower garden.


And maybe it's just me, but a prim and proper flower garden seems like the right place to do the "broken doll" pose. 


As we kept walking in the woods, we talked about the history of the Maudslay State park and how eery it can seem. Especially on a cold, rainy, almost dark day. We wondered if it was haunted.....it certainly seems like it. Which is when we stumbled onto this building. And my heart began to race. A mix of a little fear, adrenaline and the idea of doing some horror movie poses.


We were losing light fast, so we decided to call it a day. And at this point, I wanted to get the heck out of there. All that talk about hauntings and horror movies left me feeling a little unsettled.

I had so much fun with Tiffany and can't wait until we work together again. For now, I will leave you with one more favorite image of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment