Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Monday, February 10, 2014

Dreaming of Warm Weather

As I sit almost directly in front of a heating vent (because yes, it is THAT cold), I am transported back to an unusually warm day in April.

I had been wanting to do a swimsuit shoot for awhile, my own take on Sports Illustrated and Victoria's Secret. I had a willing model in Tamara. Her cousin, and friend of mine Jennie of JD Designs(http://jdeedesigns.com/), came along to assist. We thought to ourselves, Salisbury Beach in April??? Sure! We were pumped. The sun was out, we knew that it wouldn't be crowded like the summer months and we would have numerous locations to shoot.

As soon as we arrived, we began immediately. The sun was just hitting her perfectly and she looked like ahhhmazing!



I loved the shade and shadows of the picnic area.


And then we had a little stroll along the boardwalk for some sun worship.


When I work, I usually have some kind of outline in my head of what I'm going to do next. But if I feel inspired by something, I just run with it. I wanted to add in some playfulness, so we hopped on the swings!




Another quick outfit change (behind a towel!) and we headed for the sand. I often draw from pop culture for inspiration, often hearing certain songs in my head. This was our "JLo" look.




Then a little Marilyn...


And as soon as I put this floppy hat on her, I immediately thought of the movie Overboard!


It was time for us to finally brave the water. I wanted to assure her it would be okay, so I got in with her. If only someone took video of what happened. Imagine me, camera in hand, laying in a very peculiar position and Tamara trying really hard to look sexy with the water being freezing. And then, a wave came. I got soaked, the camera was safe!



Our last look for the day was my favorite. I wanted to go for an island girl look. I found this beautiful scarf that doubled as a top and a gorgeous statement necklace. Just added oil and we completely transformed her. 


This could have been my favorite shot of the day. I jumped in a tree for this one.


I had such a great time doing this shoot. It was definitely one that I would like to attempt again. Thank you ladies for being such good sports and providing a lot of comic relief!



No comments:

Post a Comment