Kristine Soares Photography

Kristine Soares Photography

Recipes

Baking (7) Breads (3) Breakfast (6) Chicken (2) Chocolate (1) Condiments (4) Dessert (9) Dinner (12) Eggs (2) Fruit (3) Lunch (4) Pasta (3) Salad (2) Seafood (4) Snack (1) Snacks (11) Soup (2) Vegetables (8)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

What the holidays should be about


I thought it would be fitting to blog about family, given the holidays coming up. I had the great opportunity to photograph my friend Jennie Dee's family (http://kristinesoares.blogspot.com/2011/10/diamonds-are-girls-best-friend.html). Jennie had said her mom, Enid, has been wanting to do a family shoot for awhile now, so it was time to gather the troops and meet up at Shedd Park in Lowell. Little did we know, that there was a bicycle race going on that day, so we were limited with locations to shoot. That didn't stop us from having a ton of fun.

With just about any family, there has to be a matriarch. In this family, it's clear that Enid, holds this family together. Within just a couple of hours of meeting her, I could tell that family is the most important thing in her life. She and I discussed that it's not even about being blood-related, family is made up of all our loved ones. That's something that rings true to my heart, since my own stepmother instilled that in me when I was growing up. And after hanging out with Enid, I felt like a part of her family too!
 

This is one family made up of strong, beautiful women. There are four sisters, four sisters who truly love each other.


First, there is Jennie. I've only known her for a short while now, but she and I clicked right away. She's incredibly vivacious, witty and easy to get along with. Oh, and did I forget to mention her great fashion sense?

Jennie, brought her husband Joe. He was such a good sport. I don't know many men that enjoy having their picture taken, but he survived! Jennie and Joe have been together for 10 years and they still have such a great connection. You can clearly see it in these pictures.
 
Next, we have Ciara. I couldn't believe what a natural she was in front of the camera. Some people can take a little while to warm up and get comfortable, not Ciara! She was ready as soon as I picked up my camera. Giving me great smile, after great smile. She is super funny and I can tell is a great sister to have.


I will continue with Enid's family in Part II. There's more to come, including why I love when people add their pets to their family photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment